Any of the following actions constitute your agreement, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by, and to comply with, the terms of this Agreement: your initialization or purchase of our Services, either on the telephone, mail or through the Website; or your use of the Website.
1. CPR Courses International L.L.C. only provides certification services at your specific direction
911. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL ADVICE OR TREATMENT. CONSULTATION WITH YOUR DOCTOR OR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL IS ADVISED. IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY DIAL 911.
912. Your use of the C.C.I.’s website, or purchase of C.C.I.’s services, does not bind us to legal responsibility to represent your needs if ever requested or needed.
2. CPR Courses International L.L.C.’s Services
You understand that C.C.I. provides certification training in CPR, AED, First-Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens and Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, Workplace Employees and our Community. C.C.I. provides self-training through the materials found on the Website(s) you’re your own direction. Our services are designed with OSHA, American Safety and Health Institute, U.S. Department of Education, American Red Cross and The American Heart Association’s guidelines in recommendation. At no time does C.C.I. represent any person in their certification needs – it is up to our client to choose freely in His/her own direction.
3. Certification and Wallet Card
· Our certification is given to our customers in good faith that they fully understand the coursework and all materials provided and have completed the test given with a passing grade to receive our certificate and wallet card. Only upon Payment will any of C.C.I.’s customers be deemed Certified in the specific area of training. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISCONTINUE THE VALIDITY OF ANY PERSONS CERTIFICATION AT ANYTIME. If we receive our client’s mail “returned to sender” we do not reship to the same address.
· Hard Card – are given free of charge and can NOT be given at any time of our choosing. The cards are not a purchased item and in not being so, they’re given as a gift. It is stated that we are not required to give customers cards, however, we do so as a complimentary, by choice.
· Each certification can only have one individuals name on it. If a purchase is made with more than one individual name on the certification than the certificate is invalid. It is the customer’s responsibility to understand these terms before making any purchases and/or the individuals will have to follow our refund instructions before any refunds are made.
· Reminder of Re-Certification – C.C.I. is not responsible for reminding you of your future re-certification or obligations relating to your certification requirements. However, we will reach out in our best efforts to contact you via email. On occasion, we will send Thank You, Holiday, etc. emails.
· Download & Verify is designed to quickly Verify our clients’ certification and/or Download when in need. This tool is designed for our users, users’ affiliates, employer, etc. for the specific reason stated above. In no way is the tool used for any other reason.
· Purchases Made by Your Agent/Representative — You agree and understand that if an employer, friend or agent act on your behalf and purchases our service for you or your company, you are bound by all the terms of this agreement herein.
· Refund Policy– C.C.I. guarantees your satisfaction with our services. In the event that your Certification is denied we will use our best efforts to resolve your matter by either correcting the situation or by providing a refund. All refund requests must be made within thirty (30) days. ANY REQUESTS AFTER SUCH TIME WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. Furthermore, you are responsible for asking for the refund and providing 1) Your Full Name. 2) Email Address Used for Purchase. In the event in which the purchaser canc 3) Mailing Address. 4) Name of Purchaser. 5) Written Proof of Denial with actual Signature (not printed). 6) Name of Agency/Employer. 7) Reason for Rejection. 8) Returned Wallet Cards. When you email us your request, we will provide you with the instructions for obtaining the refund. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE ISSUED WITHOUT FULFILLING ALL STEPS. In the event in which the purchaser agrees to pay for our service in full but is unable to attend the date and time of the course, A REFUND OR A TRANSFER OF DATE FOR COURSE WILL NOT BE ISSUED, NO EXCEPTIONS. PURCHASER MUST PAY AGAIN FOR THE COURSE IF THEY CHOOSE TO REGISTER FOR THE COURSE AT A LATER DATE OR TIME.
· Certificate Disclaimer – The actual certificate as printed may vary from the image displayed on this website. The sole purpose of the certificate is to verify that to the best of C.C.I. ‘s knowledge, the purchaser has successfully completed our in-person or online course. The certificate does not represent, warrant or guaranty that the purchaser is properly prepared or equipped to perform CPR or First Aid assistance. C.C.I.’s role is to provide education to the student using generally accepted scientific guidelines. C.C.I. website does not represent, warrant or guaranty, either explicitly or implicitly, that its certification will comply with the user’s or any third party’s requirements or standards. It is the student’s sole responsibility to ensure compliance with the requirements and standards of any regulatory or licensing body or employer.
· Certification Issuance – will be provided by hsi.com. Our goal is to provide the most efficient, affordable, and practical curriculum online and this partnership will assist with our goal.
· You understand that C.C.I. website cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet will be free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that may manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing enough procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to this site for any reconstruction of any lost data. C.C.I. does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of the Internet.
· The Content is not necessarily complete and up-to-date and should not be used to replace any written reports, statements, or notices provided by C.C.I..
· YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. C.C.I. DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. C.C.I. DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT CONTAINED IN THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. C.C.I. DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING USE, OR THE RESULT OF USE, OF THE CONTENT IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THE CONTENT MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND C.C.I. MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS AT ANY TIME. YOU, AND NOT C.C.I., ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENT. C.C.I. MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH CONTENT.
5. Limitation of Liability
C.C.I. WEBSITE, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHER DAMAGES, WHICH INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOST DATA AND BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, , EVEN IF C.C.I. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE, THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF C.C.I. AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESS TO THE SITE.
6. Warranty and Indemnification
7. Limitation on License
The material and content accessible from this site, and any other Web site owned, operated, licensed, or otherwise controlled by Web Site Owner (the “Content”) is the proprietary information of Web Site Owner or the party that provided or licensed the Content to Web Site Owner, whereby such providing party retains all right, title, and interest in the Content.
The license granted to you in these Terms of Service is restricted as follows:
2. Limitations on Use. You agree to use the C.C.I. website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use of the C.C.I. website by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this website. As a condition to your use of the C.C.I. website, you agree not to:
· upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any information, materials, or other content that is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or offensive; or that infringes another’s rights, including any intellectual property rights;
· impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or obtain, collect, store, or modify personal information about other users;
· upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available to any user of the C.C.I. website any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail,’ ‘spam,’ ‘chain letters,’ ‘pyramid schemes,’ or any other form of solicitation;
· modify, adapt, or hack the C.C.I. website or falsely imply that some other site is associated with the C.C.I. website; or
· use the C.C.I. website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the C.C.I. website, violate any US laws or laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright and trademark laws).
· Limitations on Reverse Engineering and Modification. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create works derivative of the Site or any materials accessed through the Site,
8. Website Rules
C.C.I. website may contain forums, bulletin board services, chat areas, message boards, news groups, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to allow you to communicate with the Internet community or with a group (collectively, “Communications Services”). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and content that are proper and related to the Communication Service. Among other actions, when using a Communication Service, you agree that you will not post, send, submit, publish, or transmit in connection with this site any material that:
1. interferes with or disrupts the Site or its operation;
2. is vulgar, obscene, indecent, profane, or otherwise objectionable or offensive, defamatory, libelous, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing;
3. is unauthorized copyrighted materials, or any other material that infringes on the intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or personality, trade secrets, confidentiality, or privacy of others;
4. encourage criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation in any jurisdiction;
5. harm minors;
6. impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, or that misrepresent your affiliation with any entity;
7. contain malicious code, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, network, or the Site.
9.1 Severability – If any portion of this agreement is found to be unenforceable or void by a court of law, then the provision that is found to be void or unenforceable shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions of this Agreement. Furthermore, severability shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
9.2 Termination of This Agreement – You understand and agree that we may terminate this Agreement, Use of this website and your Certification for any reason and at any time upon notice. C.C.I. and its employees have sole discretion to refuse to provide services to you and are not liable to you for damages or loss that may result from our refusal to provide you services.
9.5 Articles – All articles are for informational purposes only. Regarding medical treatment always seek the advice of a physician. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. C.C.I. does not endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions on this site. Nothing in the articles should be considered, or used as a substitute for, medical advice, diagnosis, sole prevention or treatment. All articles are provided “as is”.
9.6 Non-affiliation – C.C.I. is an independently owned and operated website and are not associated with, affiliated with or endorsed by other providers.
9.7 No-Reliance – You should not solely rely on the Material but should instead seek other opinions before taking or failing to take any action which could lead to injury, harm, death or damage of any kind. If CPR information is provided, CPR and First Aid procedures should be performed only on persons who require them and generally under the supervision of a licensed professional. Do not attempt or practice these techniques on anyone that does not need them. Performing these procedures when they are not needed could result in serious injury or death. These procedures will not save everyone even when they are properly performed. CPR and First Aid instruction should not be viewed by children or adults who will not fully understand the Materials and their potential consequences.
9.8 Local Laws and Regulations Disclaimer – C.C.I. does not represent, warrant or guaranty, either explicitly or implicitly, that its certification will comply with the user’s or any third party’s requirements or standards. It is the student’s sole responsibility to ensure compliance with the requirements and standards of any regulatory or licensing body or employer. Users of C.C.I. are advised to contact their local or state licensing agency that has authority regulate CPR and First Aid Certification.
11. Godaddy.com Notification Guidelines
C.C.I. respects the intellectual property of all others and demands that its Users do the same. If you believe your copyrights are being used without authorization on the Website, please submit a notification to us according to the following Godaddy.com Guidelines.
You may submit your Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement by sending it to our Designated Agent by mail or e-mail as set forth below.
In addition, we will promptly terminate without notice the accounts of those determined by us to be “repeat infringers.” If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and you believe that any content hosted on our web site infringes your copyrights, then you may submit a notification pursuant to (“GODADDY.COM ”) by providing the Copyright Agent with the following information in writing:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Network are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably enough to permit our copyright agent to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly.
4. Information reasonably enough to permit our copyright agent to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the GODADDY.COM , any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Please note that our copyright agent will send a copy of such notices to both the individual that uploaded the allegedly infringing content and the creator of the social network where the content appears.
If you elect to send us a counter notice, to be effective it must be a written communication that includes the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the User.
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that the User has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
4. The User’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the User consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the User’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which our copyright agent may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the GODADDY.COM , any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
Our copyright agent only accepts counter-notices that meet the requirements set forth above and are received from the email address associated with the our copyright agent account you used to upload the content within 10 business days of our forwarding you the GODADDY.COM notice. You may submit your Counter Notification by sending it to our Designated Agent by mail or e-mail as set forth below in Section C.
Designated Copyright Agent
The Designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications and counter-notifications of claimed infringement can be reached here.
For clarity, only GODADDY.COM notices should go to the Designated Copyright Agent. Any other communications related to the Website should be directed to the Website Creator. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your GODADDY.COM notice may not be valid.
What information we collect and how we collect?
“Personal Information” means basic information that we can use to identify or contact you, such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information, banking account information. It can also include purchase history, customer preferences, and geo-locational data, medical information related to age, health, prescription medication, or insurance or medical claim-related data, educational or employment information, personal identification numbers (e.g., Social Security numbers or driver’s license numbers), date and place of birth and other information you submit when you use our interactive tools and services. We may collect Personal Information in the following ways:
· When you visit or use our online systems, whether web-based or mobile, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), account numbers, limited location information (for example, to help a mobile app determine the best means of connecting to the database or for shipping something you purchased), user name and password (so you can log in) and personal health information (such as within our health improvement apps);
· We may collect payment card or similar information when you provide it to us as part of a purchase;
· We may capture the IP address and ID of the device you use to connect to the online service, the type of operating system and browser you use, and information about the site you came from, the parts of our online service you access, the type of mobile device you use and the site you visit;
· When you register for or use certain interactive tools and services, many of our mobile Apps, or tools inside many of our Apps;
· When you sign-up for newsletters or other communications from us;
· When you participate in an online survey; or
· When you provide personal information in a community area or other public forum.
Cookies and Web Beacons
C.C.I. provides additional protection for the privacy of children. The C.C.I. Web Sites are not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. The C.C.I. Web Sites do not collect Personal Information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13. A parent or guardian, however, may use C.C.I. web sites to input information from their children under the age of 13 such as: name, address, email address, account information, and content they create themselves. That information allows us to fulfill requested transactions, facilitate their participation in online activities, keep records, undertake certain marketing activities, or to otherwise customize or enhance the web site experience for children. The parent or guardian is solely responsible for providing supervision of the minor’s use of C.C.I. web sites. The parent or guardian assumes full responsibility for ensuring that the registration information is kept secure and that the information submitted is accurate. The parent or guardian also assumes full responsibility for the interpretation and use of any information or suggestions provided through C.C.I. web sites for the minor.
Information from Other Sources
We may also collect information about you from additional online and offline sources including from social media activities, other nonprofits, and commercially available third-party sources. We may combine this information with the personal and other information we have collected about you.
How we protect your information?
Despite C.C.I.’s efforts to protect your Personal Information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. When you enter Personal Information (including personal health information in various tools on our website), we encrypt the transmission of that information or use SSL connections (Secure Socket Layer) technology.
We will retain your Personal Information as long as your account is active or needed to provide you services. At any time, you can remove your Personal Information or instruct us to remove it, but you should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to C.C.I. from our servers. C.C.I. tools that collect and store Personal Information allow you to correct, update or review information you have submitted by going back to the specific tool, logging-in and making the desired changes. We will also retain your Personal Information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
How we use your information?
Information collected by C.C.I. about you is used by C.C.I. to:
· administer your account and our sites,
· verify your identity (such as when you access your account information),
· prevent fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services,
· respond to your requests and communicating with you,
· manage your preferences,
· provide you with access to particular tools and services,
· obtain your feedback about the C.C.I. web sites or our offerings,
· statistically analyze trends and user behavior and activity including how frequently areas of the site are visited and how many emails are received and opened,
· provide you and people with similar demographic characteristics and interests with more relevant content or advertising both on the C.C.I. web sites or on other web sites that you visit after you leave the C.C.I. web sites; and
· send you personalized emails or secure electronic messages pertaining to your health interests, including news, announcements, reminders and opportunities from C.C.I.; or
· complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
· for any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide, or we collect your information.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (meaning it does not identify any individuals) for various purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations, to help deliver products, services, and content that are better tailored to the users of our online services and for other purposes.
What and with whom we disclose?
Disclosures to C.C.I. Contractors
Disclosures to Third Party Web Sites
What choices do I have about my information?
Most browser software can be set to reject Cookies. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject Cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our Cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of the C.C.I. Web Sites may not work properly but you do not have to accept our Cookies in order to productively use the C.C.I. Web Sites.
Contact us about privacy
You can also contact C.C.I.’s Privacy Office here.